letscrush

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wheatberry Salad

This is a really simple salad, but I thought I'd post about it anyway because it turned out really good and who knows, you may be inspired to make you're own version of wheatberry salad! This version is a mixture of sauteed kale (which I accidentally burned a little and which turned out to be a happy accident because it made it sort of caramelized and chewy - yum), golden raisins, feta cheese (yes, I put feta in just about everything), lemon juice, and red wine vinegar. I was trying to cut down on fat/calories, so hence, no EVOO - really didn't need it either. The wheatberries I had in my freezer for months, cooked and ready to go, so all I had to do was dethaw them. One of the reasons I love wheatberries is that, because they are so chewy, they really fill me up quickly. Great thing to bring to work for lunch! ---Skye

1 comment:

molly said...

this looks great! I have been making something similar lately. Pilaf - same concept, grain with a soft cheese(I love feta too), chopped spinach, something sweet(like raisens)nuts. So easy and healthy, good cold. I am going to try wheatberries. oh and you know olive oil is so good for you, you need fat, ok enough is enough.