letscrush

Monday, June 15, 2009

The Best Tartar Sauce In The World

Sorry there's no picture for this, I'll post one later if I can. Dad is the creator of this tartar sauce and Mom has been raving about it for a long time now. I thought she was exaggerating, but I was wrong! This sauce is absolutely to die for! I literally was eating it by the spoonfuls. It's not at all gluey and rich like regular tartar sauce. It's refreshing, herby, and has layers of flavor. Here's the recipe: 3/4 cup Greek yogurt 2 tbls mayonnaise 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped 2 tbls fresh chopped dill 1/2 tsp or less fresh ground pepper 1/2 juice from one lime 1 tsp honey 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped 1 tsp Dijon mustard You can also use thyme and/or basil, but whatever you use it is essential that the herbs are fresh. Please try this, you won't be disappointed!

No comments: