- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
- 12 (6-inch) white corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (such as Tillamook)
- Low-fat sour cream (optional)
Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; rub spice mixture over chicken.
Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes; chop.
Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide chicken evenly among tortillas; top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons cabbage and 1 teaspoon cheese. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
What all three of us agreed on is that even though there's sufficent spice and heat for the chicken, the tacos needed some acid. Beth suggested making the cabbage into a slaw, and I think even just a healthy lime juice spritz over the cabbage would be enough. Healthy, easy to eat and make and the thigh meat makes these crushable. Nell